Thursday, June 23, 2022

Seize the Birthday #241


It's another Seize the Birthday Thursday and we are celebrating the return of summer, at least for those of us located in the northern hemisphere.  Our Topping for this fortnight is Summer Activities.

If I'm being honest, my favorite summer activity is to remain indoors with the AC on. (I know my fellow Floridians can relate.)  But I do occasionally venture out into my pool and thought Blanche was totally appropriate for my way of thinking.  And no Art Impression character is complete without a tiny bit of snark.  *wink*

 All she's missing is a pool side adult beverage.  






I began by stamping, coloring and die cutting out my fabulous Blanche.  I did a bit of stenciling onto a white card panel, stamped the sentiment and then adhered Blanche over top.  I used a Versamark ink pad and a horizontal striped stamp to create a bit of interest to the navy card base before adhering my panel.  All that was needed was a few clay hearts to finish it off.

I invite you to visit our blog and look forward to seeing your card in our gallery!  If toppings aren't your thing, any birthday card qualifies.


Supplies:
Art Impressions - Blanche
Hero Arts - Swirl stencil
MFT - Anything But Basic Birthday sentiment set
Ellen Hutson - Striped background stamp


As always, thanks so much for spending a bit of your day with me!

Jules

8 comments:

  1. Your card is so fun and clever! I love Blanche and all her snarky comments! Heart Hugs, Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super fun card Jules :-) the image is fabulous and I love the background and sentiment, totally gorgeous :-)

    Thanks so much for having me along as your party guest, I have thoroughly enjoyed these past 2 months! :-)

    Hope you have a great weekend!
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG those boobs! Blanche, you've done it again! Jules, you've aced this assignment! LOve the hearts!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  4. I sure got a chuckle when I saw this card. She certainly has enough stuff for her poolside or beach activity. There may be a beverage in there somewhere. Love this card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The anonymous comment was me. We ere away this weekend and I had trouble with the internet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. She looks like she's planning to stay there for a looong time!! But she's definitely going to have her 'fair' share of fun!! Love this, Jules!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a hilarious image and perfect for the summer theme. The stenciled background and bold colours are fantastic too.

    ReplyDelete