Wednesday, June 15, 2022

Just Us Girls #636

 

Today I'm playing with my friends over at the JUGS (Just Us Girls) challenge blog. Their challenge is to create a card with a moving element.  I dug through my new goodies and found the perfect thing.  



Kitchen Utensils!




My utensils are attached only by mini brads so they swing freely on the the card.  (I knew my 20+ year old mini brads would come in handy again one day.  LOL!)

I die cut the elements in white cardstock and colored them in with Copics.  The b/w background is patterned paper.  The aqua background texture was achieved with an embossing folder.  The sentiment was heat embossed in white onto black cardstock.  

I love challenges that get me to think outside my normal box.  

Supplies:
Hero Arts - My Monthly Hero and add ons
Stampin Up- Painted Texture embossing folder
Honeybee Stamps - patterned paper (Farm Fresh Holiday pack)

As always, thanks so much for spending a bit of your day with me!

Jules

 

5 comments:

  1. Jules.... I must say mini brads were a brilliant solution to the challenge! This is a super cute card... I could see tucking a little recipe on the inside for a special friend. Love it! Thanks so much for joining and sharing at Just Us Girls this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute are these utensils, Jules! And placing them on brads is brilliant! LOVE this!
    hugs~carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is awesome and as a fan of baking rather than cooking I would love this card! I see that you put some ink on the utensils to make them come to life and they look wonderful. Now, should I get this set so I can CASE this card so I can use my 200 brads that I have? LOL Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls and being so creative with our challenge and thinking outside the box! HUGS too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is amazing! I love the grid background and your utensils look so life like! Fabulous use of the brads to hang the utensils. Thanks for playing along with us at JUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Clever idea and a gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete