Thursday, May 12, 2022

Seize the Birthday #238


Your favorite challenge in the blogosphere *wink* is back today with a new topping. As our name suggests, the Seize the Birthday challenge is just that...a birthday challenge. 

The (optional) topping this fortnight is Stitching, be it real or faux.
  


As you can see, I chose Faux this time around.  





My card today is super simple.  I stamped the coffee cup image as well as the sentiment onto a square of white cardstock die cut using a stitched die.  After coloring it in with Copics I decided it was just a bit plain so I used my Copics to draw horizontal lines two colors...a marigold color as well as an extremely light blue marker.  I popped up the square onto a white panel and then matted it with a coordinating marigold color before adhering it all onto a white card base.  I am notorious for sending cards out late so I may have to make a few more versions of this one.

I invite you to visit our blog for more inspiration. While there I hope you will welcome the extremely talented Lorraine who is our Surprise Party Guest for the next several weeks.  


NOTE:  We ask that ONLY birthday cards be uploaded to the gallery.  We have been seeing many cards that, while lovely, don't fit our birthday theme and therefore are not considered for selection.  This also includes entries linked to more than five challenges total.  Any card not adhering to our rules is subject to removal from the gallery.  We appreciate all of you and thank you for understanding!  


Supplies:
Ellen Hutson - A Breve Note stamp set
MFT - Stitched Square die set


Thank you so much for spending a bit of your day with me!

Jules 

8 comments:

  1. Jules, I think that the horizontal lines that you added are genius! Love this card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore this card! Awesome design! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The extra lines were a great idea, fun card, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the addition of the lines, really makes the card design pop! Like you, I can make ‘em but I can’t send 'em on time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great card! I love the graphic design, and the minimal colors as well. I'm really loving the look of it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is very funky & cool (or should I say hot - lol). I was sure those lines were a stamp! Great work.

    ReplyDelete