Saturday, April 30, 2022

Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers #209

 

The Edna and The Sisterhood are back with another challenge for you to try.  Our prompt for the next fortnight is Underwater.  


I was so tempted to create yet another shark card
 but went for something a bit more out of the box.





And now for our awesome graphic from Lee!

Ever have days like this?  


After deciding on the stamp and sentiment I worked on the background.  I applied a couple of drops of alcohol ink to the back of a piece of vellum using a sponge dauber to spread out the ink.  Once dry I stamped/heat embossed the sentiment onto the front using black pigment ink and clear embossing powder.  The schools of fish were stamped directly onto a panel of light grey cardstock matted with white.  I folded the vellum around three sides of the panel, adhering it onto the backside with double sided tape.  I tucked the bottle under the waves and added some Stickles to finish off the top edge.  The panel was then popped up with some fun foam for a bit of added interest and dimension.


Supplies:
Ellen Hutson - Stay Salty stamp set
Ellen Hutson - S'Whale stamp set
vellum
alcohol ink
Stickles


I invite you to come visit our blog for more underwater inspiration from my fellow Sistahs as well as our Reigning Queen of Snark, Monika.


As always, thanks so much for spending a bit of your day with me!

Jules

5 comments:

  1. Such a clever way to do the water, Jules! It looks ethereal :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the vellum water, it's perfect for your message in a bottle. Thanks for inviting meas GDT. hugs Monika

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE this beautiful design Jules and laughed long and hard over the sentiment!! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant way to make the watery scene! (And thanks for explaining how you did it. I was really wondering how!) Fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Always love a good pun! Super card, Jules, Jo x

    ReplyDelete