Thursday, March 31, 2022

Seize the Birthday #235

 

It's my turn to choose a topping over at the Seize the Birthday challenge blog.  My optional topping is fairly obvious from my card.  Guesses?


STRIPES!





My card is a mini slim line size with a finished dimension of 3.5" x 6".  I handpicked some Catherine Pooler inks and went direct to paper with the pads.  I cut the papers down into strips using my paper cutter and adhered them at a diagonal to a piece of copy paper.  I die cut the other elements from white cardstock, stamped the greeting, adhered them to the striped panel and then adhered the completed panel to a white card base.  I thought the white contrasted nicely with all of the color so no embellishments were added.  This time.  *wink*

I invite you to visit our blog for more inspiration from my fellow teamies!

Supplies:
Ellen Hutson - Handful Stamp set
Ellen Hutson - Hands die set
Penny Black - Love Balloons die set
Catherine Pooler Inks

Thank you so much for spending a bit of your day with me.

Jules

10 comments:

  1. Your stripes of strips are stupendous!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty and colorful. Love how you created your stripes with the inks, and then cutting them in different sizes. Thanks for a fun challenge with stripes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fun challenge with so many possibilities for stripes. I Love your rainbow colors diagonal stripes on this mini card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun design and topping! I really enjoyed it! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that colorful striped background!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the look of those colored stripes - the colors are clean edged, but since they're so close, give an impression of being blended. I think that looks awesome! Great idea to sue plain white die cuts for the hand and balloons too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great way to get the perfect stripes for your background and the white diecuts pop against it, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for a great topping for our challenge! It was fun t get creative and to see all the amazing ways our guest and teammates and others used the stripes! Your card is terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fabulous background! I wouldn't have guessed it was direct to paper - brilliant idea. Thanks for the great topping!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hats off to you for colouring your own stripes! And the white diecuts contrast beautifully.

    ReplyDelete