Monday, February 14, 2022

Perfectly CAS - February Challenge


Happy Valentine's Day!  Today I'm here to share my card for our monthly Perfectly CAS card challenge where the theme this month is Metallic.



You all know my love/hate relationship with shiny cards so I decided to make this one a little easier on myself.  I chose gold metallic embossing powder to fulfill the challenge.





The root of our challenge is to create cards with lots of open space, using only 1/3 of the panel in our design.  

To create my card I stamped the image and sentiment in clear embossing ink, slathered it with gold embossing powder and then heat set it.  I used Copic markers to color the interiors of the image.  I created a top fold white card base and added a line of pink Copic markers to the vertical sides.  I then cut my focal panel down on the sides so that when adhered, the pink would serve as a border.  Very simple card.

I invite you to visit our blog and give our challenge a try!  

Supplies:
Simon Says Stamp - Paper Hug stamp set
Simon Says Stamp - Super Fine Gold embossing powder
Simon Says Stamp/Trinity Stamps - Clear Droplet mix


Thank you so much for spending a bit of your day with me.

Jules


 

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful Valentine's Day card. I love this stamp, how the hands embrace the heart in a tender gesture. Such a feminine, loving card, Jules. The use of the golden EP is such a clever approach to our topic.
    hugs,
    BożenA

    ReplyDelete