Tuesday, December 10, 2019

CC&S #351 and Some News


Hello friends.  Today I'm playing along with the CAS Colours & Sketch Challenge Blog once again but this time with a twist.  I was invited to join their Design Team recently and today marks my first  post as a member of their blog.  It's been a long time since I've been on a design team (at least a decade) and I'm excited to be back to being part of a team.  My first DT entry and their final challenge for 2019 is this....



                                       


I dug into their past challenges for 2019 and chose a sketch from Challenge #329 as the inspiration for today's card.  


                                                     



And now for my card....




Try as I might, a well lit photograph would not pick up the embossing on the circle however a photo with horrible lighting will pick up the texture....

Cringe-worthy photo but it does 
illustrate the texture.  



__________________________________________________________________________
My supplies included:

From MFT Stamps --  
Trio of Trees (sentiment and apparently retired.)  

From The Stamp Market -- all cardstock, enamel dots and ink 
_____________________________________________________________


Clean and Simple are my favorite cards to create and I'm excited to get to know my new teammates.  I know this time of year is hectic but I do hope you all will check out the challenge blog and participate in some future challenges when you have the time.  

Thanks for taking time out of your day to spend a little bit of it with me.  See you all on the crafty side....


Jules


5 comments:

  1. It's a great take on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Julie!! I'm so very happy for you - and you'll be a wonderful addition to this team!
    Fabulous news, sweet card - in any lighting!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on joining the DT Julie! I love your card with those 3 gorgeous coloured strips and the fab sunburst sentiment circle. (I also feel your pain about lighting! The UK seems to be permanently dark at the moment!) Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  4. CAS cards really are the hardest to photograph, aren't they? This is a fine debut to your new design team! Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous and unique design! It is so hard to photograph cards sometimes, especially in winter, but I can see the wonderful embossing in the second shot.

    ReplyDelete