Friday, October 11, 2019

Library Challenge #43


I'm back today playing along again with one of my favorite online challenge groups. If you haven't checked out The Library Challenge, you really should.  If there's anything better than crafting, it's reading.

At the time of writing I am currently in the middle of several books.  I'm listening to Evvie Drake Starts Over by Linda Holmes and really enjoying it.  I'm also reading a couple of books on my Kindle.  The first is At the Wolf's Table by Rosella Postorino; the second is The Other Einstein by Marie Benedict.  If you're interested in my reviews you can catch me @what_is_jules_reading_now on Instagram.

On to today's book inspiration.  I am ashamed to admit that I have never read this children's classic.  *blush*  But isn't that a gorgeous cover????




Because I haven't read it I took my inspiration directly from the cover illustration.  Here is my version....




I created the design by stamping the floral images onto a dark grey card stock using Versamark ink and then heat embossing with different colors of embossing powders.  The stamps are a mixture of several sets, all from Simon Says Stamp.  The embossing shows up better in the closeup below.....




My less than stellar photography skills don't do the card justice.  It's beautiful in real life.  (What can I say?  I'm a card maker.  Not a photographer.)

I'm off to see what new challenge is calling out my name.  Thanks so much for your time and if you happen to check out my Bookstagram, please say hello!


💖  Jules

2 comments:

  1. How did you miss The Secret Garden as a kid? I thought everyone had to read it before reaching adulthood. :D Your card is a beautiful take on this particular cover! (The cover of the one I read so long ago was uninspiring...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how those flowers look on the dark background - the style matches the book cover perfectly. Enjoyed hearing about what you're reading too. I've just finished The Testaments and about to start the new one by Station Eleven author. Thanks for joining The Library.

    ReplyDelete