Monday, September 30, 2019

Batter Up!


Another very quick post.  Thanks to the wonder that is modern medicine I was feeling well enough to travel to Missouri last weekend as originally planned.  (My husband almost had to make the trip alone, that's how bad I was feeling.)  But what a difference antibiotics and twenty-four hours make!  We made a quick trip up to visit his family and arrived back home on Sunday afternoon.

I have a card to share that I actually made a few months ago. Today seems like a good time to do so.



I had made it for a sketch challenge but didn't get it posted in time so I "banked" it for times such as these.  I used the super cute Batter Stamp Set from Waffle Flower along with some Distress Ink masking.  Simple and sweet.




I won't be posting any challenge cards until the weekend.  Upon arrival home yesterday afternoon I immediately got myself unpacked, started laundry and repacked for an impromptu flight tomorrow morning.  I'm headed to North Carolina with my son and his family.  They have put a bid on a house and if all goes according to (their) plan, they will be moving in early November.  I say "their" plan because of course, I'm sad to see them go.  I've had my almost five year old grandson living ten minutes away from me for the past three years and this is gonna be very hard on me.  On the upside, they are moving to one of our favorite areas and I'm excited for this last minute trip.  Darn it though....it's still too early in the season for this Florida gal to see any autumnal leaves.  Time enough for that next year, I'm sure.  

Thanks for spending some time with me.  I'll be back to challenge cards next week.  

Hope to see ya on the crafty side.....


Jules




2 comments:

  1. Oh man... I thought you were baking a cake! [batter up]
    A darling card for your little man, and a fabulous save from your stash!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eek, having the grandson move away is no good! I suppose North Carolina isn't too too far away, but still...
    This card is awesome! What a difference putting the main strip on an angle makes to the interest level of the card.

    ReplyDelete