Saturday, July 27, 2019

Rainbows with Seize the Birthday

It makes me very happy that my birthday card stash has grown considerably since I started playing along with the crafters at the Seize the Birthday challenge blog.  Birthday cards are definitely the ones I need and use the most. 

The current toppings challenge is Rainbow.






I went out of my comfort zone and made a pastel rainbow.  I am not a pastel kinda gal and have to be honest, this is not one of my favorite cards.  I do know however that it will make someone else very happy.  Here's my card.






In the background you can see the colors of Distress Oxide inks that I used to blend the background.  I was happy to discover that I had a Tonic Nuvo Jewel Drop in all six of my color choices.  (It helps to have a Hearty Stash!) 

I heat embossed the two greeting stamps from the Altenew Mega Greetings 2 set and then gave the entire background a spritz of shine.  I think I'd personally like this more if I'd used regular Distress inks in bolder colors but like I said, someone will love it. 

Thanks and Happy Crafting!

Jules

2 comments:

  1. Did you know that someone would be me? Yes. Julie, I think it's lovely - and I'm in awe of your Nuvo stash!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a pastel person either - I don't think I could rock it like you did! Your background is beautiful and I love the bold embossed happy. Thanks for playing along with Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete