Thursday, June 9, 2022

Seize the Birthday #240

 

It's another Seize the Birthday Thursday and we have a fun Topping for you!  Do you have a favorite go-to technique?  If so, we'd love to see an example.  

One of my favorite techniques is actually two fold.  I really love the look of a card created primarily in die cuts.  The two fold part comes into play because I always die cut my elements in white cardstock and then color each piece individually with alcohol markers.  Today's card is one example...



Each of these critters as well as the vehicle were die cut from Neenah Solor White 110 lb cardstock followed by hand coloring with Copics.  It's definitely a labor of love but I really enjoy the process.  It combines two of my favorite childhood activities....coloring and paper dolls.  (Anyone remember Betsy McCall?)




Once each element was colored I adhered the vehicle and each critter with liquid glue individually before assembling the entire unit.  The sentiment was stamped onto the license plate.  I also die cut three balloons in white and colored them in with identical colors, stamping them with miscellanous stamps from my stash to create some interest.  

I used an animal print background stamp to create the cheetah print and created a hill of grass to ground the image before adhering it to a brown card base.  I'm not gonna lie.  A card like this takes some time but I find this very therapeutic.  Many love to stitch.  I like to color and paper piece.   

I invite you to visit our blog and check out the various techniques used by our team.  Choose one of ours or one of your own and upload it to our gallery.  If toppings aren't your thing any birthday card qualifies.

Supplies:
Cottage Cutz - Safari Peekers die set
Erin Lee Creative - Leopard background stamp 
Lawn Fawn - Party Balloon dies
Avery Elle - tiny alpha stamps

As always, thanks so much for spending a bit of your day with me!

Jules


10 comments:

  1. Super cute card Jules :-) the little critters are adorable all heading out for a safari party! haha :-)

    hope you have a great weekend!
    luv
    Lols XXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I'm just gonna say it - good thing that monkey isn't driving!!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable card! I often color my die cuts even if I cut them in colored card stock. It is relaxing and I love the look. Your card is a labor of love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are cut from the same cloth! I always played with Betsy MCCall! This card my friend is outstanding! I can only imagine the time that went into it! I would be the giraffe in the backseat! Awesome, awesome card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is definitely a labor of love, it is stunning and worthy of a hefty price tag I would say! And it is so fun, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun card, your animals look like they are having a ball! Love the jungle print background and awesome colouring, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute card :) -- You go coloring all those pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Am I impressed or am I impressed! Wow! What a way to sneakily choose two techniques and show off!! But I don't blame you, since they look just so awesome and I don't think its possible to skip one and choose just one. Love your card!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ok what?!? You coloured all of these? That is amazing! Such a fun card with these dies. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Now that is definitely a labour of love, but it is so fabulous! Sometimes I get halfway through a predominantly die cut card and wish I hadn’t started, but the end results are always so satisfying.

    ReplyDelete