Saturday, April 16, 2022

Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers #208

 

Edna and the Sisterhood are back with another technique challenge for you to try.  Today we're asking you to incorporate Layers into your design.  There are many ways to do this and we're looking forward to seeing your creativity.  

My layers are two-fold.  You can see by the front of my card that I overlapped an abstract image stamp to create some layers behind my paper pieced old biddie.  
  




The snark is revealed once the card is opened.


And in my mind, flashing means the removal and/or exposing of layers.  
Subtle, right?  :-)



This is Layers to the Extreme!  



To create my card I began with the overlapped stamping of the background onto a panel of white cardstock.  I stamped the Ethel (not her real name) onto both white cardstock as well as a piece of lavender patterned paper.  I fussy cut the dress and adhered it to the stamped piece which I also fussy cut right up to the edge (sans balloon.)  The coloring and shading were both done with Copic markers after which I adhered her to the background, stamping the balloon straight onto the background before also coloring it in.  I popped up the stamped sentiment, gave the panel a narrow border with a coordinating color and adhered the finished panel to an A2 card front.  I stamped the inside sentiment onto a separate piece of cardstock before adhering it to the inside.  I added some two hearts die cut from the same paper as Ethel’s dress to give it a bit more presence.  


Supplies:
Art Impressions - Never Too Old to Laugh stamp set
Stamplorations - Some Snark stamp set (designed by our own Chris Dring!)
Ellen Hutson - Abstract Nature
HoneyBee Stamps - Modern Spring 6x6 paper


I invite you to come visit our blog for more layering inspiration from my fellow Sistahs as well as our Reigning Queen of Snark, Rachel.


As always, thanks so much for spending a bit of your day with me!

Jules

5 comments:

  1. Love your card, and the sentiments are perfect for "Ethel" fantastic paper piecing. nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous card, Jules. I love how you layered that abstract stamp as a background and your paper-piecing and colouring are amazeballs! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhh I love your different layer techniques and the paper piecing!
    Fab job sistah!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julie, this is fantastic, funny, fabulously layered - and let's not forget your incredible shading!!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your coloring and paper piecing skillz are off the chart!! Love this!!

    ReplyDelete