Sunday, October 27, 2019

The Library Craft Challenge - Guest Host


Hello Friends.   I am very excited to share that Marina has invited me to be a Visiting Librarian over at The Library Craft Challenge Blog.  You all know how much I love challenges and hers is definitely one of my favorites.  She's designed it for "Crafters Who Love Books" and that most certainly includes me.  (If you're interested in my current reads, stay tuned to the end of this post.)




I have chosen a book by one of my favorite funny authors, Dave Barry.  We are both long time Floridians and his humor with regards to our state is hilarious.  The one I picked for my challenge is geared towards Middle School age kids however I still found it a very enjoyable read.  And more importantly to us today, I thought the cover was super fun and full of inspiration.






Don't you think this illustration is full of crafty choices?  I honestly had a difficult time narrowing down the options but in the end I decided to focus primarily on the large title.  Here is my example....




I must apologize for my choice of products.  I am a firm believer in pulling out from one's stash and apparently I managed to choose quite a few that have been retired however there are many companies that have similar products which can easily be substituted for mine.  Again, I am so, so sorry.

The Seriously stamp is from Concord and 9th.  Retired but still available here.  
The car and balloons are from The Greeting Farm.  I was unable to find them online.
The skyline die is another very old one from Momenta.  I was unable to find it online. 
The clouds were masked from a Lawn Fawn and can still be found here if you're quick.


Please check out Marina's challenge blog and consider playing along with us.  I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with.

_______________________________________________________________________________

My current reads are ....

Deck Z by Chris Pauls.  It's a fictionalized tale of zombies aboard the Titanic.  ROFL!  I chose it because it's the current selection over at the Literary Lushes podcast, hosted in part by one of my personal friends (and local book club member) Samantha.  I will be honest.  I love the idea behind this book however the writing is very unpolished so I won't be recommending it.  

Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen.  I'm listening to this one on audio and it is fantastic!  I've never seen the movie (and probably won't...I'm kinda that way with books I love) but I highly recommend the audio version.

If you're a podcast listener please consider tuning into Literary Lushes.  I am going to be a guest on their show in early November to gush over my all time favorite book....Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens.  I listened to it on audio over a year ago and plan to re-read it in book form this week.  I couldn't recommend it enough.  (On a scale of 1-5, its a 10.)  


That's it for me this time.  Hope to see you on the crafty side....


Jules


2 comments:

  1. I think this is actually quite stunning - it looks so well'put-together' . I love the clear bright colours and it really reflects the fun feel of the cover. Thanks for being Visiting Librarian.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie, congratulations! LOve the cover, and title of your choice of book! I also admire that you've shopped your stash while creating your darling card... we ALL have retired schtuff that still deserve a bit of attention, so no worries! I might have just the thing - hope I have the chance to play along! xx
    =]

    ReplyDelete